Written by Getty George, Athletic Director
I hope that this message finds you and your families well. I am reaching out to you today as Martin
Luther King High School Athletics prepares to enter Phase 2 of our RUSD Extra & Co-Curricular Re-
Tomorrow, October 1st, our Fall Sport teams can start their “Conditioning” activities.
We enter this phase following COVID 19 procedures. The safety of our coaches and student athletes is
paramount. All of our coaches have been trained on our district COVID 19 procedures. Please help us
by following the guidelines listed below when you are dropping off your student to these conditioning
– Students MUST be wearing a mask when they exit your vehicle
– Students MUST stay socially distant from their teammates and others when walking on campus
– Students MUST stay socially distant from other while checking in
– Each student will have their temperature taken when they check in
– Each student that can participate in conditioning will have a wristband given to them
– Each student needs to bring their own water jug. No sharing of water jugs!
– Each student needs to arrive on campus dressed to participate in conditioning
– No Locker Rooms will be open
– Once conditioning is over, each student MUST put their mask back on
– As students exit campus, they MUST stay socially distant from their teammates and others
While we are excited to start this process, I want you to know again that everyone’s health is our major
concern. Head Football Coach, Mr. Martinez, summed this up the best, “We are looking forward to
seeing our students back on campus. But, we have to do this the correct way!” The small groups of
athletes conditioning will remain the same throughout this process. These groups will be socially distant
amongst themselves and other groups. Our coaches and Head Athletic Trainer Ms. Spencer are
dedicated to run this conditioning following all of the COVID 19 guidelines. We are looking forward to
getting off to a successful start on October 1st.
I wish you all the best. Be well.