Head Coach John Corona is appealing to all current freshmen to consider joining the Track and Field teams this next spring. FRESHMEN, PLEASE READ THIS LETTER FROM COACH CORONA
21 YEARS OF KING TRACK AND FIELD
“SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF”
- King Track and Field has produced 1 High School All-American; 19 State meet qualifiers; 34 Master Meet Qualifiers; 5 CIF champions; 127 CIF Division Finalists; over 490 CIF Qualifiers and 206 League Champions.
- The boys and girls teams have combined to win 15 league championships. No King Track team has finished lower than 3rd place in league. EVER.
- Since the re-running of the Riverside City Championships in 2010, King’s girls have won 11 team titles and the boys have won 8.
- The Girls team won the 2008 Inland Empire Championship and in 2012 finished second. In 2019, the boys finished second at the IE’s
- The boys team has won 74% (121-40) of their dual meets and the girls have won 89% (143-18) of their dual meets.
- In 2003 and 2004, both teams were Riverside County All-Academic Champions. In 2017, the boys were Riverside County All Academic Champions. In 2002, the Boys team was the CIF All-Academic Champions.
- In 2002, the Girls finished 4th in CIF Division 2; in 2003, they finished 8th in CIF Division 2; in 2012, they finished 13th in CIF Division 1; in 2014 they finished 9th in Division 1
- In 2016, the boys finished 4th in Division 1 and 13th IN THE STATE. In 2019, they finished 11th in CIF Division 1
- The Boys have been ranked within the top ten teams in Riverside County all but two years since 2005 (the year the rankings began). The Girls have been in the top ten every year. Since 2009, the two teams have finished in the County Top 5 18 times.
- Over 100 King individuals and relay teams are on the Riverside County All-Time Track performance list.
- Over these 20 years, King individuals and relays have been at the top of City; County; CIF; State and National rankings.
- With 17 graduating classes, approximately 200 King student-athletes have gone on to compete at the college level.